Resurrection

I've had some emails from fans of my mother's work, asking for more 'flashbacks' to old favourites, with excerpts and plot details. So having failed to get much blogging done over the summer, I am now aiming to get something of that kind on the Charlotte Lamb blog within the next week or so. It's been crazy here, with my youngest starting nursery school for the first time, my second eldest starting 'A' Levels at a new school, and my four year old twins being educated at home this year, as a trial to see how that goes. So do forgive me if the blog seems a little quiet. September is always a busy time when you have so many kids!

To honour my youngest's uncanny resemblance to my late mother, and also to shamelessly plug my new poetry collection, Boudicca & Co. due out next month, here is one of my poems entitled 'Resurrection' followed by a photograph of my youngest daughter on her first day at nursery school this week:


RESURRECTION

When my young daughter clasps
chubby hands
in the small of her back
and parades
from the vegetable patch
to the red shed

I see my mother
at sixty
back from the dead.




My mother would have approved of this poem's title, I'm sure, having shared with me an obsession with pithy one-worders, which include:

Obsession
Retribution
Scandalous
Besieged
Surrender
Fever
Temptation
Possession
Frustration
Sensation
Compulsion
Crescendo
Abduction
Dangerous
Desire
Desperation
Whirlwind
Infatuation
Haunted
Betrayal
Illusion
Heartbreaker
Dreaming
Spellbinding
Duet
Lovestruck


all still available to buy, needless to say, via the Fantastic Fiction website!

Comments

Popular Posts